Well, I am sure everyone will be a-twitter over the relaunching of Brip Blap. If you visited the site before, you know that I wrote a vitriolic and often rage-filled political blog for about four years. It really peaked around the 2004 election, when it basically became a nonstop bloodbath of derisive comments about the Republicans.This time I don’t intend to talk about politics, although I’m sure that may come. Instead, this will be a more introspective blog, focusing more on me. Why? I am often asking myself that question. I feel like a dull person sometimes, yet, in the last ten years, I have:
- Lived in Russia
- Traveled to 27 different countries
- Lost over 100 pounds through diet and exercise
- Managed to go from a guy who got winded on a single flight of stairs to someone who has placed in the top 5 in my age category in competitive 5K races
- Gone from being a confirmed bachelor to a happily married man with a superstar of a baby boy (update 2010: now a big boy who now has a little sister, born in 2008).
- Managed to go from being a workaholic nonstop business traveler to someone making in the mid-six-figures doing more or less nothing on a day-to-day basis
- Completely 100% shifted my worldview on politics and the news and the world around in less than 6 months.
So, I don’t know – I hope that from all of that I can draw some topics for posting. Plus, I read a lot and have a lot of strong opinions on what I read – personal finance, childhood education, history, geography, famous quotations, self-help books and movies, movies, movies. Football, when I have time (J-E-T-S). And finally I am an enthusiastic twiddler in the Web 2.0 world (more on that later). So, subscribe, comment, and I hope this is interesting to someone besides me, but if not, that’s OK.