Merry Christmas 2011, and links
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and fill-in-the-blank greetings. It’s a nice season, whether you’re celebrating one of the major religious holidays or just enjoying time with family and friends for the sake of, well, spending time with family and friends. I was not planning on posting a Christmas post, but then I came across a video that I felt like sharing. And on a personal level, I’ll offer this: if you walk past one of the bell-ringing Salvation Army workers on the way into a store, give them a little bit. They do good things. I’ve seen them in action, and they’re worth it. They have some good people there.
Happy Holidays! Watch the video, via The Simple Dollar:
And here are a few other holiday reads. I thought the first one was especially worth reading (“Cold Weather Retirement Cities”) as my Floridian family suffers through a harsh Virginia winter visit. It’s funny how quickly I’ve forgotten 15 years in the Northeast and reverted to my Southern “50 is COLD” mentality….my Germanic ancestors are cringing.
- Cold-Weather Cities Top Retirement List (Free Money Finance)
- How to Create a Minimalist Budget
- Saving Money in the New Year
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays To You! A Christmas Album
- Mastercard $10 Off for Amazon Purchases x 2
- What Would You Do If Your Spouse Died?
- Year-End Health Moves for Better Financial Fitness
- Why Cash is King
- » How to Invest in Mutual Funds? (and other questions you asked)
- Tips For the Right Way to Live Frugally