Just in – it’s hot. The whole eastern US is hot. It’s interesting how extreme heat and extreme cold both have the same general effect on a family with small children – both extremes tend to make you stay indoors. We made it to the pool every day this week but one, but Saturday was hot enough that even the pool was unbearable. Good times.
So due to the heat, another one of my fairly abbreviated link roundups. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a “what I’m reading online” box over on the lower right hand side of the front page of the blog that’s updated throughout the week. I consider that a bit of an add-on to this weekly post. Plus my “thoughts” tumblr blog and my twitter account usually have a few more links, too.
- BlogCrafted — build the blog you want!: A good consulting service if you need help building a blog.
- Download My Free eBook: Invest Like a Pro: A good eBook for investors from Generation X Finance – worth checking out if you’re interested in learning more about investing.
» The secret of education: An excellent and thorough breakdown of the value of higher education that makes reference to a post I wrote way back when, attacking the humanities and praising a practical education in the sciences (read both Jacob’s post and mine before you bash me, incidentally).
- Children of the Recession: How to Insulate Kids From Financial Fears
- Save Money on Razor Blades
- Deciphering the Insurance Puzzle – I (CMHC, Mortgage Life, and Term Life)
- How I Find Local Contractors on Angies List
- Developing Multiple Streams of Income
- Practice Contentment to Save Cash
- Getting Things Done: Where To Go Next