I have had a week. Obviously the site got hacked this week, and without the help of one of my fellow Money Writers I would have been sunk, since I didn’t have the technical expertise to deal with the attack. I’d like to think I’ve acquired some basic coding skills, but I quickly realized that I’m not even vaguely capable of dealing with serious coding problems.
I’m overwhelmed with projects right now – landscaping, house, blog, personal finance, etc. One of the things I’ve come to realize is that you can’t allow the to-do list to grow too large or you become overwhelmed and shut down. I’m close to that point now – I have so much to do I just don’t feel like doing anything, which is clearly unproductive.
Well, on to the links:
Cash for Caulkers: A great program I hope to take advantage of…
Jacob, always interesting, has How I got out of consumerism: I don’t know if it works for everyone but it’s something I would like to think I could embrace… eventually, right after I buy some junk I don’t REALLY need…
Looks like somebody is closer than ever to moving to Portugal:
- The Annual 50%
- Financial Independence: When Your Income Matches Your Outgo, Without Working for Money
- When Enough is Enough: Putting the Brakes on Overspending
- Rewarding Yourself with Rewards Programs
- A Plea for Credit Score Transparency
- Lending Money through Kiva
- How to Prepare Your House to Sell for More
- Dow Jones Crashed: Stupid Trader Error?
- What Works?