Not that kind of a snowball…. read on.
Why Young Entrepreneurs Should Hold Down a Job After College: If you plan on being an entrepreneur I’d imagine a job would be a great way to learn about your industry before leaping out on your own.
Help with 2011 taxes
- Best Tax Breaks 2011
- Prepare Your Tax Return: Tax Products vs. Tax Pros
- 2010 Tax Software Deals
- And personally, I recommend TurboTax.
Habits and lifestyle
- Are You a Victim of Lifestyle Inflation?
- The Spiral of Successful Habits
- Unconscious Influences On Our Behavior
- And my own thoughts on habits.
- The Idiot Millionaire by Derek Foster
- There is No Good Debt
- ThredUP Clothing Exchange: Saving Money on Kid Clothes
And I’m just starting to read this book: The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder. I realized after reading Andrew Carnegie’s autobiography (The Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie and The Gospel of Wealth) that I can get quite a bit out of a biography if it’s well-written and the subject is interesting*. I’ve generally shied away from biographies in favor of histories, because I much prefer the ‘grand sweep’ view of a good historical book, but Carnegie was a good writer and had such an interesting life that I decided to take another plunge (not to mention it was reasonably priced on my KindleKindle.
* I guess in all fairness that would be true for any work of literature or non-fiction, though…